Lions Logo-t
1st Guiseley Guides
Lions Since 1917-t

1st Guiseley Guides Hut Burned Down by Arsonists


The guides building was burned down by arsonists in December 2007 and fundraising has been ongoing in an effort to finance the cost of demolishing and redeveloping the building.

When Guiseley Lions heard about this they made a donation to be put towards the replacement of the building. The guides themselves organised various fundraising events, to raise money to rebuild their headquarters. A large sum of money was required and thankfully they received a 10,000 funding boost from local councillors to help with the rebuild of their headquarters.

The building was fully demolished in July 2009, to make way for redevelopment which will take place at the same location. A new two-storey replacement building is proposed for the site, with planning approval having already been granted. The newly proposed building will provide superb new facilities for the group.


The Rainbows also used the guides building, and they lost everything from their cupboards in the building, including craft equipment, uniforms and photographs going back decades, which had now been destroyed.

Guiseley Lions made a separate donation to help replace the craft materials they lost in the fire.


[Home] [About Lions] [Who Benefits] [Aireborough RUFC] [Air Ambulance] [1st Guiseley Guides] [Currency] [HypoAlertDogs] [AVSED] [BloodBikes] [Benefits] [Fundraising] [Sponsorship] [Events] [Gallery] [Newsletters] [Contact Us] [Home Page]